Little Petra Loop.Difficulity – Daredevil 5/5 Danger level – 10/5 Distance – 183km Elevation – +3089m 21._Little_Petra_loop.gpx (12 downloads)
- Road bike only.
- Support car recommended. Ive done this workout with a group and without a support car. It was extremely difficult.
- Extremely technical ride with loads of climbing and loads of downhills.
- Pick a campsite to sleep in the night before as an early start is a must.
- Near the windmill sections it is possible to encounter hunters with weapons. Just be careful but your all good.
- Tafileh decent is very technical. Make sure you are always in control as near the end of it there is a huge amount of dogs. This part is extremely dangerous. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO COMPLETELY STOP AND WALK THIS SECTION INSTEAD OF SPRINTING THEM OUT.
- Once you get to the Dead Sea high way make sure you refill on nutrition. Also make sure you refill when leaving the highway as theres a crazy amount of climbing coming up, lots of heat, and no chance of refilling for a long amount of time.
- The road becomes very narrow. Beware of the Beduins driving especially when on steep inclines.