Al-Husainieh to Aqaba Via Kings Highway.Difficulity – Daredevil 5/5 Danger level – 5/5 Distance – 232km Elevation – +1873m 18._Al-Husainieh_to_Aqaba_Via_Kings_Highway.gpx (21 downloads)
- Road bike only.
- Extremely tough ride. I wouldn’t do it with a support car.
- Theres alot of climbing in this ride that not quite obvious.
- The downhill sections are very technical so beware.
- The downhill part is shared with ride 21 (little Petra loop) but here you go downhil instead of up.
- After the coffee stop in the middle of the decent theres no access to any nutrition till very late in the ride on the near end of the main highway.
- The main highway has a few bromine and phosphate trucks going south towards Aqaba. Beware and stay cautious.
- At Aqaba Customs I prefer that you register your bikes just so you dont get into trouble when leaving Aqaba when you go back to Amman as Aqaba is a tax free area.